Cookies are great, hand-held bits of deliciousness that are lovely for finishing off a meal or perking up afternoon coffee or tea. Here at Coffee by the Roast, we sometimes bring in a batch of Mocha Crunch Bars one day and have the last few for breakfast the next. Unfortunately, health experts are now saying we should all cut as much sugar from our diet as possible. What’s a cookie lover to do? Check out Catie’s recipe for a dairy-free cookie that needs no sugar, honey, syrup or artificial sweetener.
Vanilla Latte Almond Crescent Cookies (sugar-free)
Note: These are a nutty, lightly/naturally sweet cookie, with an almost biscuit quality. If you want a sweeter cookie, you can add a tsp (or more) of sugar/sweetener to your taste.
Total Time : 1 1/2 hours
Active Time: 10 mins
Chill Time: 1 hour
Bake Time: 20 mins
1 C almond flour
1/8 C (2 T) almond butter
1/3 C protein powder ( you can also cut this out and increase the almond flour by 1/3 C)
2 T coconut oil (reduce to 1 1/2 T if only using almond flour, because almond flour is oilier than protein powders)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1. Blend all ingredients together in a bowl until it forms a stiff dough. Put it in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
2. Turn on oven to 300 F / 150 C
3. Cut chilled dough with a spoon and form into crescent shapes. Place on non-stick baking pan, backing paper, or lightly greased baking pan.
4. Place shaped cookies into heated oven and bake for 20 minutes. (cookies are done when surface is cracked and golden, firm but a bit of give/bounce in the middle when pressed, not squishy)
5. Allow cookies to cool and enjoy warm or room temp or chilled! Goes great with a cup of coffee. :)
Do you have a favorite cookie recipe, or a low sugar dessert recipe you’d like to share. If so, we love to hear about it! Please join the conversation and share your thoughts on the Facebook thread or in a comment on this blog. Or, if you'd like to share your opinions with the wider world, leave us a coffee review on Google or on your favorite review site. Not only do we value your opinions, but reviews help more people find us. Help us connect coffee lovers to fresh, quality coffee!
~ Carrie, Paul and all of us at Coffee by the Roast